Stillness is the second-year student project we made. We worked as a team of 7, including Game designers, developers and artists and the participation of an external Sound Designer and a Voice Actor. We manage to do this vertical slice in about 240 hours of work time.
You play as John, a reporter who is investigating an old university where people tend to disappear, but you quickly discover why and have to escape.
We decided to emphasize the player's experience not with horror and screamers but by slowly building up pressure through the course of the game, using scripted events and the senses we provides to our AI. We focuses a lot of time and work to help the player navigate his space and clear feedbacks.
Here is the support we used for our final presentation, explaining our workflow and presenting the game, in French :
Game Artists :
- Gaëlle BARBIER - Environment artist, 3D modeler & Level builder
- Marina CANCELLATA - Character designer & Texture Artist
Game Designers :
- Thomas AUDIBERT - Level designer & Level builder, UX designer
- Florian MARTINES - System, narrative & UX designer
- Jeremy OSSOLA - Gameplay, 3C & UX designer
Game Programmers :
- Nathan BERNARD-ROUX - AI & gameplay programmer
- Vincent THEBAUD - Gameplay & camera programmer
Sound Designer : Ewen LOMER
Voice Acting : Lucas BONETTI